Preview for BD-W vs PAK-W Dream11 Contest:
Bangladesh will be taking on Pakistan in the opening game of the ICC Cricket World Cup global qualifier in Harare on Sunday (November 21).
The two teams are part of Group B of the nine-team event from which three teams will make it through to the next year’s ODI World Cup in New Zealand.
Along with the Kiwi hosts, India, South Africa, Australia, England are already qualified for the quadrennial event and the upcoming two weeks offer teams a chance to join them.
USA, Thailand, Zimbabwe are also part of Group B; while Ireland, Netherlands, West Indies and Sri Lanka make up Group A post PNG’s withdrawal.
Three teams from respective groups will contest the Super 6 round and the top 3 sides from there will be part of the World Cup.
Probable Playing XI:
Bangladesh – Murshida Khatun, Nigar Sultana (c), Fargana Hoque, Rumana Ahmed, Lata Mondal, Sobhana Mostary, Nuzhat Tasnia (wk), Fahima Khatun, Nahida Akter, Khadija Tul Kubra, Fariha Trisna
Pakistan – Muneeba Ali (wk), Ayesha Zafar, Javeria Khan (c), Omaima Sohail, Iram Javed, Aliya Riaz, Fatima Sana, Diana Baig, Nashra Sandhu, Sadia Iqbal, Anam Amin
Weather Update: Predictions for a thunderstorm; 25 degrees C; wind 21 km/h
Pitch Report: The track in Harare has a tendency to offer the bowlers good movement and bounce in the first half before settling down and becoming a more batter-friendly surface. Bowling first has historically been an advantage here.
BD-W vs PK-W Dream11 Prediction
Both the teams are heading into the contest after facing contrasting fortunes in their recent ODI series. While Bangladesh defeated Zimbabwe in all three games of their series, Pakistan lost all three of their games at home versus West Indies. Historically, though, Pakistan women have won 6 and lost 4 of their 10 ODIs against Bangladesh. That should give them confidence and edge ahead of this game.
BD-W vs PK-W Dream11 Captaincy Picks
1. Muneeba Ali (9 credits) – the Pakistan left-hand bat has played 17 ODIs for her country with 346 runs. In her last 9 outings , she has averaged 28.78 with a strike-rate of 63.79.
2. Fargana Hoque (9.5 credits) – a right-hand batter, Hoque has made 796 runs from her 40 ODIs for Bangladesh. Hoque has scored 228 runs in the format with an average of 32.57 with a strike-rate of 58.76 in her last 10 ODIs.
3. Nahida Akter (8.5 credits) – she could be another fruitful captaincy pick, having taken 16 wickets in her 9 previous outings for Bangladesh in ODIs.
BD-W vs PK-W Dream11 Budget Picks
1. Fatima Sana (8.5 credits) – Sana, the medium-pacer, boasts of an impressive ODI record for Pakistan. She has taken 18 wickets from 13 ODIs for her country with an average of 26.77 and an economy rate of 5.87.
2. Lata Mondal (8.5 credits) – Bangladesh allrounder is heading into the contest with 13 wickets from 22 ODIs at an economy rate of 3.59. She has also scored 333 runs to go with her bowling exploits.
3. Fahima Khatun (8.5 credits) – a legbreak bowler, Khatun has taken 8 wickets for Bangladesh in her young ODI career with an economy rate of only 4.44. Bangladesh will hope she continues to strike through the middle-overs for them.
Mega League Team for BD-W vs PK-W Dream11 Contest
Sidra Nawaz (wk), Muneeba Ali (c), Javeria Khan, Fargana Hoque, Murshida Khatun, Rumana Ahmed, Lata Mondal, Omaima Sohail, Anam Amin, Diana Baig, Nahida Akter (vc)
Small/Head to Head Team for BD-W vs PK-W Dream11 Contest
Muneeba Ali (wk & vc), Javeria Khan, Fargana Hoque (c), Murshida Khatun, Rumana Ahmed, Omaima Sohail, Fatima Sana, Anam Amin, Diana Baig, Fahima Khatun, Nahida Akter