Preview for IR-W vs WI-W Dream11 Contest:
Ireland will be playing West Indies in the two teams’ opening game of the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup global qualifier in Harare on Tuesday (November 23). A winning start is important for both sides as that would go a long way in securing one of the three Super 6 slots available from Group A.
Teams that end within the top 3 in the Super 6 round will qualify for the World Cup in New Zealand next year, for which India, Australia, South Africa, England are already qualified alongside the hosts.
Probable Playing XI
Ireland – Leah Paul, Gaby Lewis, Amy Hunter, Orla Prendergast, Laura Delany (c), Shauna Kavanagh, Mary Waldron (wk), Cara Murray, Sophie MacMahon, Jane Maguire, Celeste Raack
West Indies – Deandra Dottin, Rashada Williams, Stafanie Taylor (c), Hayley Matthews, Shemaine Campbelle (wk), Chedean Nation, Chinelle Henry, Sheneta Grimmond, Aaliyah Alleyne, Qiana Joseph, Shakera Selman
Weather Update: Predictions for rain/thunderstorm; 25 degrees C; wind 14 km/h
Pitch Report: The old Hararians Sports Club ground offered a balanced surface for the opening game of the tournament between Pakistan and Bangladesh. Batting second, however, is a bit of an advantage at the ground, as has been the case in Zimbabwe over the years.
IR-W vs WI-W Dream11 Prediction
West Indies women will start off the game as favourites considering their greater depth and experience in both the departments. A result in Ireland’s favour is not impossible but looks unlikely.
IR-W vs WI-W Dream11 Captaincy Picks
1. Stafanie Taylor (10.5 credits) – Taylor is heading into the game after a hundred in West Indies’ previous ODI against Pakistan. She is a great of the game with an average of 45.17 for 5,060 runs from 133 ODIs.
2. Deandra Dottin (9.5 credits) – An allround cricketer, Dottin has taken 69 wickets with an economy rate of 4.76 and scored 3,220 runs at an average of 29 in her ODI career.
3. Hayley Mathews (10 credits) – Mathews, the off-spinner, is influential to West Indies’ cause. Her record is testament to her impact value. She has picked up 61 wickets in her 56 ODIs while carrying an economy rate of 4.01.
IR-W vs WI-W Dream11 Budget Picks
1. Celeste Raack (8.5 credits) – Legspinner Raack is still very early into her international career for Ireland and has picked up 6 wickets from her 4 ODIs at an average of 20 and an economy rate of 3.63.
2. Shakera Selman (8.5 credits) – Selman has played 81 ODIs for West Indies. The right-arm medium fast bowler has picked up 71 wickets while giving away only 3.48 runs per over.
3. Kyshona Knight (8.5 credits) – the wicketkeeper-batter has played 47 ODIs for West Indies with a batting average of 22.22 for 800 runs.
Mega League Team for IR-W vs WI-W Dream11 Contest
Kyshona Knight (wk), Deandra Dottin, Chedean Nation, Gaby Lewis, Rashada Williams, Stafanie Taylor (vc), Hayley Mathews (c), Laura Delany, Shakera Selman, Celesta Raack, Cara Murrey
Small/Head to Head Team for IR-W vs WI-W Dream11 Contest
Kyshona Knight (wk), Deandra Dottin (vc), Chedean Nation, Gaby Lewis, Rashada Williams, Stafanie Taylor (c), Hayley Mathews, Laura Delany, Shakera Selman, Celesta Raack, Cara Murrey