WATCH: ‘Hotspot’s f*cking hopeless’ – Marcus Harris’ rant picked up on stump mic


Marcus Harris is fighting for his Test career, and he’s getting no favours from Hotspot, which failed to recognise a huge spike from his bat on an inside edge to his pads that the on-field umpire deemed was LBW. Luckily for him, battling on 36 off 88 balls at that stage, the snickometer showed a massive spike.

The incident unfolded in the 31st over of the Australian innings when Ben Stokes had Harris trapped in front by one shaping back into him from the England all-rounder. Harris was caught shuffling in the crease and was promptly given out by the on-field umpire. Harris seemed certain of the edge and immediately reviewed the decision.

While the Hotspot showed no mark, snickometer threw up a huge spike and Harris survived.

The stump mic, though, caught a conversation between him and Ben Stokes mid-over where Harris was clearly not too pleased with the Hotspot. 

WATCH the video of Marcus Harris taking a solid dig at the Hotspot here


“I wasn’t like a 100% sure,” Harris said when Stokes questioned him about his review while tying up his shoelaces. Harris went on a rant thereafter, ending with “Hotspot’s f*cking useless”.

Earlier in the day, Harris continued to survive despite Australia losing the wicket of nightwatchman Nathan Lyon and ICC No.1 Test batter Marnus Labuschagne. While Lyon was caught behind off Ollie Robinson, Labuschagne was undone by the pace of Mark Wood and nicked a back of a length delivery to the slip cordon.

ALSO READ: Ben Stokes’ bizarre batting tactic explained

Steve Smith joined Harris, but the former looked very tentative at the crease, inside edging Anderson wide off Buttler, who got a hand to the ball, but couldn’t hold on, and outside edging Ben Stokes wide off slips. Smith’s stay didn’t last long either as he inside edged Anderson to his stumps to depart for 16.

The day began with a half hour delay as a Covid positive test came up from the England camp. 

“The England team and management are currently at the team hotel awaiting results of RFT COVID tests following a positive test in the team’s family group,” a statement from England read.

Moments later, though, England were given the green signal to proceed to the ground and continue with day two.