Preview for REN vs STA Dream11 Contest:
Melbourne Renegades will be taking on Melbourne Stars in Match 48 of the Big Bash League (BBL) 2021-22 on Thursday (January 13).
The Melbourne derby fixture will be on show at Renegades’ home, the Docklands Stadium, where both teams will be desperately eyeing a victory.
Renegades are placed at sixth in the points table with only three wins from their eleven games, while Stars are positioned seventh after four wins from ten matches.
A win is a must if these two teams are to keep their playoff hopes alive.
Probable Playing XI
Melbourne Renegades – Jake Fraser, Aaron Finch, Shaun Marsh, Nic Maddinson (c), Mackenzie Harvey, Sam Harper (wk), Will Sutherland, Cameron Boyce, Kane Richardson, Josh Lalor, Zahir Khan
Melbourne Stars – Joe Clarke (wk), Glenn Maxwell, Nick Larkin, Joe Burns, Hilton Cartwright, Beau Webster, Sam Rainbird, Qais Ahmad, Adam Zampa (c), Haris Rauf, Brody Couch, Clint Hinchliffe
Weather Update: Partly cloudy; 21 degrees C; wind 23 km/h
Pitch Report: Expect a true wicket that aids at least a moderately high-scoring game.
REN vs STA Dream11 Prediction
Tough game to predict, with the Renegades playing at home and Stars having showcased better winning form, even though both sides are standing in the bottom half of the table. But one can expect the Stars to be carrying an edge after displaying better form and winning more games in the competition this far.
REN vs STA Dream11 Captaincy Picks
1. Kane Richardson (9.5 credits) – Richardson is Renegades’ top wicket-taker of the BBL 2021-22 with 18 scalps at an economy rate of 8.57.
2. Joe Clarke (9 credits) – Clarke is Stars’ highest run-getter of the tournament at this stage. The wicketkeeper-batter has struck 303 runs from his 9 innings at an average of 33.66 and strike-rate of 147.08.
3. Glenn Maxwell (10 credits) – Maxwell hasn’t quite unleashed his wrath on oppositions in the tournament but only a few can doubt his ability to do so at any stage. He has still maintained a healthy strike-rate of 134.02 for his 193 runs. Stars will be hoping for their maverick to stand up and play a substantial knock as they eye a win.
REN vs STA Dream11 Budget Picks
1. Zahir Khan (8.5 credits) – Khan has taken 11 wickets from his 11 outings for the Renegades with an economy rate of 8.36.
2. Qais Ahmad (8.5 credits) – Khan’s fellow Afghani wristspinner, Stars’ Qais has also picked up 11 wickets in the BBL 2021-22 from his nine matches while going for a respectable 7.52 runs an over.
3. Beau Webster (8 credits) – Webster played a fine knock of 63 off 47 balls in Stars’ defeat versus the Scorchers. The opening batter was the stand-out performance during a failed run-chase for his side.
Mega League Team for REN vs STA Dream11 Contest
Joe Clarke (wk), Aaron Finch, H Cartwright, M Harvey, Glenn Maxwell (vc), B Webster, Kane Richardson (c), Adam Zampa, Qais Ahmad, Zahir Khan, B Couch
Small/Head to Head Team for REN vs STA Dream11 Contest
Joe Clarke (wk & vc), Aaron Finch, H Cartwright, M Harvey, Glenn Maxwell, B Webster, Kane Richardson (c), Adam Zampa, Qais Ahmad, Zahir Khan, B Couch