Preview for SL vs NED Dream11 Contest:
Sri Lanka will be taking on the Netherlands in their last game in Group A of the preliminary stage in this year’s T20 World Cup. Having comfortably defeated Namibia and Ireland in their last two matches, the Lankans are already through to the Super 12 round and will be looking to keep the winning momentum going.
For the Netherlands, however, it will be an encounter played for respect and a consolation victory as the leading associate rivals are already out of the tournament due to successive losses against Ireland and Namibia. Even though the Dutch arrived for the tournament as one of the favourites to sail through from Group A, they have been the first ones to face an exit.
Probable Playing XI:
Sri Lanka – Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Perera (wk), Dinesh Chandimal, Avishka Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka (c), Chamika Karunaratne, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dushmantha Chameera, Maheesh Theekshana, Lahiru Kumara
Netherlands – Stephan Baard, Zane Green (wk), Craig Williams, Gerhard Erasmus (c), David Wiese, JJ Smit, Michael van Lingen, Jan Frylinck, Jan Nicol Loftie-Eaton, Ruben Trumpelmann, Bernard Scholtz
Weather Update: Clear skies; 29 degrees C; Wind 15 km/h; Humidity 38%
Pitch Report: A ground historically notorious for its flat pitches and small boundary dimensions, Sharjah, however, has played in complete contrast since the start of the UAE leg of the IPL. From an excessively flat wicket, it has become an excessively dry, spin-friendly track. While the curators for the T20 World Cup are expected to water the surface a lot more, it is still expected to play offer the spinners turn in this tournament.
SL vs NED Dream11 Prediction:
Expect Sri Lanka to come out triumphant given the presence of their mystery spinners – Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana – and pacers Dushmantha Chameera and Lahiru Kumara, who have been nailing the hard lengths in the last two matches. The presence of a bowling attack with fantastic variety has helped Sri Lanka dominate Namibia and Ireland already, and they are expected to do no different against the Netherlands, who rarely face such quality of bowling, especially in conditions like there will be at Sharjah.
SL vs NED Dream11 Captaincy Picks
1. Wanindu Hasaranga – Given his form and allround capabilities, Wanindu Hasaranga is a fantastic captaincy pick. Hasaranga was outstanding in the last game against Ireland. He played an excellent counter-attacking knock of 71 off 47 balls in the first half and then backed that up with astonishing bowling figures of 1/12 off his 4 overs.
2. Maheesh Theekshana – So early in his international career, spin sensation Theekshana has made a big impact for Sri Lanka. After an inspiring debut against the South Africans last month, the 21-year-old has dominated the batters in the T20 World Cup so far. Theekshana is heading into the Netherlands game with six wickets to his name from the last two matches and an economy rate of only 5.25.
3. Max O’Dowd – At a time when the Netherlands have failed miserably with the bat in the competition so far, O’Dowd has been their only shining light. The opening batter has had scores of 51 and 70 against Ireland and Namibia, respectively. O’Dowd has risen to the occasion for the Netherlands even as the others have not been able to given a great account of their presence.
SL vs NED Dream11 Budget Picks
1. Frederick Klaasen – Klaasen, the left-arm quick, has been the best bowler on show from the Dutch camp in the preliminary round. He has taken two wickets from the previous two outings in Group A with an economy rate of just 4.57. Klaasen is a very handy budget pick for all contests.
2. Lahiru Kumara – the tall right-arm Sri Lankan quick has shown very decent control and consistency in the tournament so far. Kumara has looked quite threatening with his ability to nail the hard lengths with a high-arm release at excess pace on dry pitches. His tally after the last two games reads – 4 wickets with an economy rate of just 4.13.
3. Pathum Nissanka – One of the heroes of Sri Lanka’s resounding win in the last game against Ireland was opener Nissanka, who stitched a fantastic partnership with Hasaranga when his team was reeling at 8/3. Nissanka slipped under the radar but his 61 off 47 was magnificent in context of the game. He is a very good budget pick.
Mega League Team for SL vs NED Dream11 Contest:
Kusal Perera (wk), Stephan Myburgh, Max O’Dowd (vc), Pathum Nissanka, Ryan ten Doeschate, Dasun Shanaka, Colin Ackermann, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dushmantha Chameera, Frederick Klaasen, Maheesh Theekshana (c)
Small/Head to Head Team for SL vs NED Dream11 Contest:
Scott Edwards (wk), Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Stephan Myburgh, Max O’Dowd (vc), Pathum Nissanka, Colin Ackermann, Wanindu Hasaranga (c), Dushmantha Chameera, Lahiru Kumara, Frederick Klaasen, Maheesh Theekshana